February 1, 2013

Spring is on my mind! Green & Ecofriendly



I came across really interesting products on Nao Tamura's post and thought of sharing this one that especially caught the eye. Dinner plates!

I would love to have my guests use these as plates.  It reminds me of huge banquets in the southern part of India – where diners eat in “batches” on fresh banana leaves. Designed by Nao Tamura, these organic, form flexible plates are made of silica sand and are microwave and oven safe! How cool is that!

In design, an object which has ceased to be useful can be recycled to begin life anew, in a fresh form.  We plan to introduce Eco-friendly plates this summer made from palm leaves. If interested, say tuned and share with us your take on using them at house parties.



Photo credit: Nao Tamura, www.naotamura.com

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...